Governance and Statutory Publishing
The Role of Governors
Governors are appointed to the School Improvement Committee. The main aim of the committee is to ensure that all learners at the school have access to a high-quality education in line with the shared mission and vision of the Olympus Academy Trust.
The School Improvement Committee has the following responsibilities:
1. To monitor the implementation of the academy School Improvement Implementation Plan, ensuring that it is delivering against agreed strategic and local objectives; moving the academy and Trust as a whole towards achieving and sustaining a regulatory judgement of outstanding in all areas.
2. To ensure that the academic and well-being needs of learners are being met effectively through the delivery of a broad and balanced curriculum which, through the use of personalised, developmental support which helps to maximise each learner’s success and enjoyment.
3. To ensure all learners are safeguarded.
4. To ensure that the well-being needs of staff are met.
5. To ensure that strategies are in place that enable the Trust to secure its full collective published admission number (PAN).
As well as the commitment to attending these meetings, governors are involved in many aspects of school life such as meetings with pupils and parents, lesson visits, monitoring the school improvement agenda, meetings with school staff and attending our school fundraising events.
There are several categories of governor, appointed by different groups that have an interest in the school. These are Community governors, Parents, and Staff. All governors have equal status, however they are appointed.
Our Parent governors are elected by parents. Staff governors are elected by school staff. Community governors are appointed by the Olympus Remuneration and Nominations Committee on behalf of the Olympus Board of Trustees.CRD SIC Attendance Register 2022-2023
The following documents can be found on the Olympus Academy Trust website.